OPENING WHITECHAPEL ART GALLERY
Following the former Whitechapel library’s move to new facility, the Whitechapel has acquired the building to restore it and keep it open as a free art gallery all year round.
The Whitechapel Gallery is about to conclude it's ambitious expansion into the former library next door
Almost doubling in size the expanded Whitechapel will include;
- A Collection Gallery offering a chance to see important art collections from around the world.
- A Commission Gallery with a brand new art work created specially for the building every year.
- An Archive Collection Gallery and Archive Research Room telling the story of
the history of the Gallery and the local area over the last 100 years.
- An Education and Research Tower for local schools, community groups and offering courses for all
- A new street facing café and full disabled access to the whole building
The expanded Whitechapel was opened in April 2009
WHITECHAPEL ART GALLERY
Angel Alley Entrance
80 - 82 Whitechapel High Street
London, E1 7QX
Photo : © David Grandorge